News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Bookchan

Started by barumunk, March 19, 2008, 08:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barumunk

I cant believe I've only just found bookchan. I'm not sure whether its been mentioned before, but for all the people who bother to check out The Library, and haven't heard of it.

http://www.anonib.com/bookchan/

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Cain

I've been a regular at bookchan for well over a year now.

Please remember, requests go on the REQUEST board.  Or Orion will ban yo ass.

Bu🤠ns

it's been a while since i've been there... don't you have to have a certain reputation before you can post books there?

Cain

Not as such....there is some lack of trust because some bastard uploaded book files with Trojans in them, but the IP was from the Florida area (and was of course banned), so the mods will only really check to make sure your books are clean if your IP is a brand new one.

Incidentally, 6 gigs of books here, never uploaded a single virus, trojan or piece of spyware, so the problem is so small as to be nonexistant.

Cain

Bookchan got shut down today, along with the rest of AnonIB.  The guy who owned the place owes $20,000 in bandwidth fees due to overrun, so its not likely to make a comeback.

We had a refugee forum prepared for such an emergency, and one of the mods has all (and I mean ALL) of the books from the site saved, but its going to take a while to bring it back to normal...

Cain

AnonIB is now back with new hosting, at the same address, so bookchan is up and running.

Iason Ouabache

I noticed that there is a thread for religious books on AnonIB.  Why hasn't anyone added the PD and BIP yet?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 27, 2008, 08:33:16 AM
I noticed that there is a thread for religious books on AnonIB.  Why hasn't anyone added the PD and BIP yet?

I havent bothered to make a rar pic of them.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2008, 10:04:38 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 27, 2008, 08:33:16 AM

I havent bothered to make a rar pic of them.

I tried it (three times) and I kept getting an error message that said "One or more of the files you uploaded were not an image. Only jpegs(jpgs), pngs, and gifs are allowed at this time."  I don't know if I did the combine/copy wrong or what.  I followed the instructions exactly too.
    \

Cain

The /i/nsurgency raidfags have a tool which automatically does it....somewhere.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on May 30, 2008, 01:06:24 PM
The /i/nsurgency raidfags have a tool which automatically does it....somewhere.

Finally found it:  http://bookchan.wikidot.com/ 

Just added PD to BookChan. 

\

Golden Applesauce

Hey, this thread is currently the #4 result when you google bookchan.

Neat, huh?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.